Analysis of a Pertinent Healthcare Issue
Develop a 3- to 4-page paper, written to your organizationâ€™s leadership team, addressing your selected national healthcare issue/stressor and how it is impacting your work setting. Be sure to address the following:
- Describe the national healthcare issue/stressor you selected and its impact on your organization. Use organizational data to quantify the impact (if necessary, seek assistance from leadership or appropriate stakeholders in your organization).
- Provide a brief summary of the two articles you reviewed from outside resources on the national healthcare issue/stressor. Explain how the healthcare issue/stressor is being addressed in other organizations.
- Summarize the strategies used to address the organizational impact of national healthcare issues/stressors presented in the scholarly resources you selected. Explain how they may impact your organization both positively and negatively. Be specific and provide examples.
Marshall, E., & Broome, M. (2017). Transformational leadership in nursing: From expert clinician to influential leader (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer.
- Chapter 2, â€œUnderstanding Contexts for Transformational Leadership: Complexity, Change, and Strategic Planningâ€ (pp. 37â€“62)
- Chapter 3, â€œCurrent Challenges in Complex Health Care Organizations: The Triple Aimâ€ (pp. 63â€“86)
Pittman, P., & Scully-Russ, E. (2016). Workforce planning and development in times of delivery system transformation. Human Resources for Health, 14(56), 1â€“15. doi:10.1186/s12960-016-0154-3. Retrieved from
Auerbach, D. I., Staiger, D. O., & Buerhaus, P. I. (2018). Growing ranks of advanced practice cliniciansâ€”Implications for the physician workforce. New England Journal of Medicine, 378(25), 2358â€“2360. doi:10.1056/NEJMp1801869
Jacobs, B., McGovern, J., Heinmiller, J., & Drenkard, K. (2018). Engaging employees in well-being: Moving from the Triple Aim to the Quadruple Aim. Nursing Administration Quarterly, 42(3), 231â€“245. doi:10.1097/NAQ.0000000000000303