Assessment 1 – Critique (1500 words)
You are required to provide a critique from a procurement perspective for the following three articles pertaining to buyer-supplier relationships:
Loppacher, J.S., Cagliano, R. and Spina, G. (2011) ‘Key drivers of buyer-supplier relationships in global sourcing strategies’, International Journal of Procurement Management, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp.156–180.
Sillanpää, I, Shahzad, K & Sillanpää, E. (2015) ‘Supplier development and buyer-supplier relationship strategies – a literature review’, International Journal of Procurement Management, Vol. 8, Nos. 1/2, pp.227–250.
Ahmed, MU, Kristal, MM, Pagell, M & Gattiker, T.F (2017), ‘Towards a classification of supply chain relationships: a routine based perspective’, Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 297-304.
These articles are available on the learnonline website. Based on what these authors have presented, prepare a discussion summarising the critical aspects, showing your learning and opinion about the topic, as well as how this affects procurement today. Use appropriate headings and sub-headings where necessary for ease of flow and presentation of your critique.
You are required to cite at least FIVE academic journal articles (including the three listed above) in your assignment. The preferred method of referencing is the Harvard Referencing system within context. An omission to include five academic journal articles or incorrect use of the Harvard referencing system will result in a failure for the referencing component.
Requirements for Assessment 1:
– Use Arial Font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing.
– Reference list on a separate page.
– Use the UniSA Harvard Style of referencing only.
– Do NOT use footnotes.
– Print word count at the end of your assignment.
– Include your name and student ID as a header on each page.
– Number each page.
– Do not include any Cover Page or Feedback form in your submission.
Marks will be awarded for:
– Showing an understanding of the procurement-related topic.
– Ability to summarise critical aspects of the journal articles.
– Critique showing learning and opinion formation.
– Explaining the impact on procurement.
– Presentation and referencing.
Presentation and summary of key aspects (20 marks)
Critique of the literature/theory (40 marks)
Impact on procurement (20 marks)
Referencing (10 marks)
Presentation (10 marks)
TOTAL 100 marks