Goal: Develop a video presentation and submit a PowerPoint presentation on a common mental health disorder (YOU ONLY ELABORATE THE POWERPOINT , I will take care of the voice over component).
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The presentation must provide information:
- Introduce a fictitious patient case study diagnosed with BIPOLAR DISORDER TYPE 2. (called Bipolar Disorder II).
- Must specifically address the disease present on the ADULT POPULATION GROUP.
- PowerPoint Must INCLUDE:
- Definition of the disease or disorder
- Epidemiology of the disease or disorder
- Pathophysiology of the disease/disorder to the cellular level.
- Including genetics/genomics, neurotransmitters, and neurobiology of this specific disorder.
SPECIFIC ABOUT OUR FICTITIOUS PATIENT:
- Clinical features of the disease or disorder on the ficticious patient, INCLUDING A DIRECT QUOTE FROM THE PT ABOUT PRESENTING PROBLEMS
- Demographics( Begins with patient initials, age, race, ethnicity, and gender (5 demographics)
- History of the patient’s problems : Includes the presenting problem and the 8 dimensions of the problem (Onset, Location, Duration, Character, Aggravating factors, Relieving factors, Timing and Severity).
- Includes NKA (NOT KNOWN ALLERGY) (including = Drug, Environmental, Food, Herbal, and/or Latex or if allergies are present (reports for each severity of allergy AND description of allergy)
- Physical findings, and Psychiatric findings : Includes a minimum of 3 assessments for each body system, assesses at least 9 body systems directed to chief complaint, AND uses the words “admits” and “denies”
- Includes all 8 vital signs, (BP (with patient position), HR, RR, temperature (with Fahrenheit or Celsius and route of temperature collection), weight, height, BMI (or percentiles for pediatric population) and pain.)
- Includes a list of the labs, diagnostic tools or screening tools reviewed at the visit, values of lab results or screening tools, and highlights abnormal values, OR acknowledges no labs/diagnostic tools were reviewed.
- Includes a list of all of the patient reported psychiatric and medical medications and the diagnosis for the medication (including name, dose, route, frequency)
- Includes (Major/Chronic, Trauma, Hospitalizations), for each medical diagnosis, year of diagnosis and whether the diagnosis is active or current .
- Includes (Outpatient and Hospitalizations), for each psychiatric diagnosis (including addiction treatment), and year of diagnosis.
- Includes a list of at least 6 family members regarding, at a minimum, genetic disorders, mood disorder, bipolar disorder and history of suicidal attempts
- Includes all 11 of the following: tobacco use, drug use, alcohol use, marital status, employment status, current and previous occupation, sexual orientation, sexually active, contraceptive use/pregnancy status, and living situation.
- Includes all 10 components of the mental status check (appearance, attitude/behavior, mood, affect, speech, thought process, thought content/ perception, cognition, insight and judgement) with detailed descriptions for each area
- Includes a clear outline of the accurate principal diagnosis based on DSM5 or DSM5-TR criteria AND lists the remaining diagnoses addressed at the visit (in descending priority).
- Includes at least 2 differential diagnoses for the principal diagnosis
- Includes appropriate diagnostic/lab testing or screening tool 100% of the time OR acknowledges “no diagnostic testing or screening tool clinically required at this time”
- Includes a detailed pharmacologic and non pharmacological treatment plan for each of the diagnoses listed under “assessment”. The plan includes ALL of the following: drug/vitamin/herbal name, dose, route, frequency, duration and cost as well as education related to pharmacologic agent. For non-pharmacological treatment, includes: treatment name, frequency, duration. If the diagnosis is a chronic problem, student includes instructions on currently prescribed medications as above.
- Includes at least 3 strategies to promote and develop skills for managing their illness and at least 3 self-management methods on how to incorporate healthy behaviors into their lives.
- Provides a detailed list of medical and other interdisciplinary referrals or documents NO REFERRAL ADVISED AT THIS TIME. Includes a timeline for follow up appointments.
- Treatment recommendations according to the US clinical guidelines.
- Patient education for management and anticipatory guidance.
- Non-pharmaceutical, cultural, and spiritual considerations must be addressed.
- Powerpoint presentations with 14 slides (excluding references and tittle page) need to be clear and easy to read with no less than 16-point font. Speaker notes expanded upon and clarified content on the slides.
- Incorporate a minimum of 5 current (published from 2018 up to now) scholarly journal articles, books(including the exact page number for books) or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work. Journal articles and books should be referenced according to APA style 7 ed.
NO WEBSITES allowed for reference entry. Include doi, page numbers, etc. Plagiarism must be less than 10%. WILL BE CHECKED by Instructor.