[Instant Solution] Deer Valley Unified School
Reflect on the country where you are teaching or where you will be teaching. Analyze how the school curricula are constructed. For instance, is there a Ministry of Education in your country that determines the national curriculum? Or is education in your country de-centralized and, if so, how are school curricula determined?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1. Belbase, S. (2011, October 8). Philosophical foundations for curriculum decision, a reflective analysis. Univeristy of Wyoming, pp 1-20. https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED524740.pdf
- ‘Philosophical foundations for curriculum decision, a reflective analysis’ reflects on the curriculum from different and thought-provoking perspectives.
2. Curriculum, assessment, instruction. (n.d.). Deer Valley Unified School District, Arizona. https://www.dvusd.org/Page/12831#calendar29588/20180627/month
- ‘Curriculum, assessment, instruction’ at the DVUSD website is an example of how this school district integrates assessment to the Arizona College and Career Ready Standards to provide a clear and consistent framework to prepare children for college and the workforce.
3. Hansen, Laura. (2018, February 5). The role of educators in summative assessment: The life cycle of a question. Peers and Pedagogy. https://achievethecore.org/aligned/role-educators-summative-assessment-life-cycle-question/
- ‘The role of educators in summative assessment: The life cycle of a question’ is a blog providing an inside look at the development of summative assessments.
4. Mikre, F. (2011). Review article: The roles of assessment in curriculum practice and enhancement of learning. Ethiopian Journal of Education and Sciences, pp. 101-113. https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/e057/cc32d7be13cdaee8d1ae93de2a568ad8e699.pdf
- ‘The roles of assessment in curriculum practice and enhancement of learning’ analyzes a) the roles of assessment in operating and experiencing the curriculum,b) the importance of continuous assessment for enhancement of student learning, c) the roles of feedback and d) comments for curriculum practice and learning enhancement.
5. Oberg, Carol. (n.d.). Guiding classroom instruction through performance assessment. Journal of Case Studies in Accreditation and Assessment, pp 1-11. https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ1055507.pdf
- ‘Guiding classroom instruction through performance assessment’ explains how to use performance assessments as pre-assessment, that is, prior to instructional decision making.
6. Rethinking classroom assessment with purpose in mind. (2006). Western and Northern Canadian Protocol for Collaboration in Education. https://www.edu.gov.mb.ca/k12/assess/wncp/full_doc.pdf
- ‘Rethinking classroom assessment with purpose in mind’ presents important facets of assessment; it will make you reflect on the assessment FOR, AS, and OF learning, and it suggests strategies to be applied in the classroom. In this Unit you need to read Chapter 5, pp 55-65
7. Standards, curriculum, instruction, and assessment. (n.d.). Michigan Association of Intermediate School Administrators. http://www.gomaisa.org/projects/career-and-college-readiness/standards/
- On this website the Michigan Association of Intermediate School Administrators presents its critical alignment of standards, curriculum, instruction and assessment.
8. Tomlinson, C.A., Moon, T., & Imbeau, M. (2015). Assessment and student success in a differentiated classroom. ASCD Professional Learning Services, pp. 1-17. http://www.ascd.org/ASCD/pdf/siteASCD/publications/assessment-and-di-whitepaper.pdf
- ‘Assessment and student success in a differentiated classroom’ is an analysis of what is a quality curriculum and of the type of assessments that help support student success using this curriculum
9. Trahan, L. (2016, January 20). Decision making that matters: 10 ways teachers can impact curricular decisions. Peers and Pedagogy. https://achievethecore.org/aligned/decision-making-that-matters-a-teachers-perspective/
- ‘Decision making that matters: 10 ways teachers can impact curricular decisions’ is a blog written about how teachers can personalize their curriculum.
1. Thebercgroup. (2013, March 7). Curriculum, instruction, and assessment, oh my! [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/Hye9upRT8bE
- ‘Curriculum, instruction, and assessment, oh my!’ is one perspective of how curriculum, instruction, and assessment align and support each other.