- Review the strategies presented in the “Theoretical Foundation for Research” document provided in the Week 1 Learning Resources. Examine the literature review information presented in this week’s Optional Resources, and evaluate other strategies or tools you have used in previous coursework. Identify strategies/tools that you will use in this course to manage information from the literature and record your own thought processes while investigating a phenomenon of interest and developing a theoretical foundation. Begin to use these strategies/tools as you prepare for this Discussion.
- Select a phenomenon of interest to you. Ideally, the phenomenon you choose will relate to the dissertation research you plan to conduct later in this PhD program or other research related to your focus area. (You will submit your phenomenon for Instructor approval this week.)
- Conduct a search of the literature from nursing and other disciplines to see what has been written about your phenomenon.
- Based on your review of the literature and your own interests as a scholar-practitioner, identify elements that you may use to develop your theoretical foundation for a future program of research. This includes concepts, conceptual relationships, frameworks/theories, and graphic models related to your phenomenon of interest. (Bear in mind that these will likely evolve as you proceed through the course.)
- Consider how developing elements of a theoretical foundation may be advantageous as you strive to make a positive contribution in research, practice, education, and/or leadership.
By Day 3
Post your phenomenon of interest. Describe concepts, conceptual relationships, frameworks/theories, and/or graphic models that may be appropriate for addressing your phenomenon. Explain how developing these theoretical elements may be beneficial as you to strive to make a positive contribution in practice, research, education, and/or leadership.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
McEwin, M., & Wills, E. M. (2019). Theoretical basis for nursing (5th ed.) Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer Health.