This assignment is the third component of your Assessment, Intervention Support, and Related Systems project. In Unit 4, you described the graphic displays and measurement that will be used to make sense of the behavioral data available in your case study. Although measurement and graphic displays can reveal whether, when, and how much behavior has changed, they alone cannot reveal what caused the behavior change.
This assignment will give you the chance to explore and uncover a wide range of theoretical underpinnings necessary for developing a more complete understanding of the behavioral research that builds the foundational knowledge necessary to analyze ABA case studies and real-life scenarios. Please refer to What Is the Literature Review? (linked in Resources) for a refresher on how to be a skilled researcher.
For this assignment, you will be assessed on your understanding of the following course competencies:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Evaluate ABA assessment and interventions strategies to change socially significant behavior.
Communicate in a manner that is scholarly and consistent with expectations for professionals in the field of psychology.
How to Organize Your Paper
Your paper will be divided in two parts. Use the following subheadings in your paper and format your subheadings in APA style.
In one paragraph, provide an overview of your research plan. At a minimum, it must restate the following from the Unit 2 assignment:
Behavioral challenge and outcome criteria identified.
Social significance of the target behavior and outcome criteria in your case study.
This section (6–8 pages) will consist of your evaluation of the literature you compiled. In this evaluation, you will:
Identify relevant ABA concepts, principles, and methods for behavioral challenges in research.
Compare theoretical underpinnings of the chosen research related to the case study.
Evaluate research studies to distinguish purpose, benefits, strengths, and weaknesses in applied behavior analysis.
Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
APA formatting: References and citations are formatted according to current APA style guidelines.
Resources: At least 10–12 scholarly resources.
Length: 8–10 double-spaced pages, excluding title page and list of references.
Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Turnitin: You are required to use Turnitin before submitting the completed assignment to your instructor. Submit your work to Turnitin as a draft, review the results, and make any needed changes. When you are ready, submit your assignment using the Turnitin link for the assessment and to the assignment area for grading.
Refer to the Literature Review Scoring Guide to ensure you understand the grading criteria for this assignment. You should also review the course project information to ensure you have paid attention to all the project requirements.
Literature Review Scoring guide:
1. Identify relevant ABA concepts, principles, and methods for behavioral challenges in research; and explains how they relate to the target behaviors chosen.
2. Compare theoretical underpinnings of the chosen research; justifies the importance of evaluating commonalities and differences in the research and synthesizes conclusions to determine interventions.
3. Evaluate research studies to distinguish purpose, benefits, strengths, and weaknesses in applied behavior analysis; demonstrates superior familiarity with the range of scholarly works in the ABA field.
4. Demonstrate a academic writing style through well-organized prose that contains no significant grammatical or mechanical errors and follows assignment guidelines.
5. Develope a paper that is fully compliant with APA style, citation, and referencing guidelines.