Parent Teaching Project (5%)
A critical component of pediatric nursing is teaching parents how to care for their child, particularly during an illness or after a procedure. To develop this skill, the student will complete a parent teaching project.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Students will be assigned a topic and developmental stage upon which to focus. With that information, the student will need to determine what health education (AKA parent/patient teaching) needs to be conducted prior to this virtual patient being discharged. The students will then role-play the teaching session, using a student chosen by the instructor as the “parent” and with the rest of the clinical group observing.
The project must include:
- A 1-page attached document discussing the assessment of a parents’ readiness to learn and barriers to learning
- The critical components of home care for the assigned topic
- Developmentally appropriate instruction-
- The teaching reflects the developmental level of the parent and patient. (e.g., home care instructions for an infant should include the food appropriate for an infant rather than a school aged child).
- A written handout that summarizes the “take home” points for the parent to keep as a reference after the teaching session.
- A bibliography containing no fewer than three professional journal articles with one being a pediatric specific article. The articles must be less than five years old. Use of APA format for references is expected.
- A clear, creative, logical progression geared to a learner at an 8th grade level