Culturally Competent Care for African Americans
Based on the readings, viewing on the Module 5: Lecture Materials & Resources page, and your own experience, what strategies would you recommend encouraging culturally competent care of African Americans?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
African American, Hispanic, and Latino Populations’ Health Beliefs & Practices
Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. Students should always cross reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in their academic work.)
Ritter, L.A., Graham, D.H. (2017). Multicultural Health (2nd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett Learning.
Chapters 7 and 9
Online Materials & Resources
- Visit the CINAHL Complete under the A-to-Z Databases on the University Library’s website, locate and read the article(s) below:
- Abbott, L. S. (2015). Evaluation of nursing interventions designed to impact knowledge, behaviors, and health Outcomes for rural African-Americans: An integrative review. Public Health Nursing, 32(5), 408-420. doi:10.1111/phn.12174
- Price, M., Williamson, D., McCandless, R., Mueller, M., Gregoski, M., Brunner-Jackson, B, et al. (2013). Hispanic migrant farm workers’ attitudes toward mobile phone-based telehealth for management of chronic health conditions. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 15(4), e76. http://doi.org/10.2196/jmir.2500 (Links to an external site.)
- Watch the YouTube videos below: