Nursing role and scope – discussion week 3
LESS THAN 20% PLAGIARISM
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
AT LEAST 2 CITATIONS & 2 REFERENCES
· Select one question as your DQ 1
· Follow the discussion questions participation and submission guidelines.
· Follow the 3 x 3 rule: minimum three paragraphs per DQ, with a minimum of three sentences each paragraph.
· All answers or discussions comments submitted must be in APA format according to Publication Manual American Psychological Association (APA) (6th ed.) 2009 ISBN: 978-1-4338-0561-5
· Minimum of two references, not older than 2015.
Chapter 3: Philosophy of Nursing
1. Where do you see yourself and your understanding of truth on the continuum of realism and idealism?
2. How would you define person? Look at the following attributes given to a person: (1) the ability to think and conceptualize, (2) the capacity to interact with others, (3) the need for boundaries, and (4) the use of language (Doheny, Cook, & Stopper, 1997). Would you agree? What about Maslow’s description of humanness in terms of a hierarchy of needs with self-actualization at the top? Another possibility is that persons are the major focus of nursing. Do you see humans as good or evil?
3. Where do you see yourself and your understanding of truth on the continuum of realism and idealism?
4. What are your beliefs about the major concepts in nursing—person, environment, health, nursing?
5. Do you believe there is more than one right answer to situations? How do you value the whole individual? What barriers prevent us from responding to the contextual needs of our patients?
6. Do I believe in health care for everyone? Does health care for everyone have value to me as a person? Does it have value to me as a nurse? What value does universal health care have to my patients?
7. How does my personal philosophy fit with the context of nursing? Does it fit? What areas, if any, need assessing?