Use the practice problem and a qualitative, peer-reviewed research article you identified in the Topic 1 assignment to complete this assignment.
In a 1000-1,250 word essay, summarize the study, explain the ways in which the findings might be used in nursing practice, and address ethical considerations associated with the conduct of the study.
Refer to the resource “Research Critique Guidelines” for suggested headings and content for your paper.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Background of Study:
· Identify the clinical problem and research problem that led to the study. What was not known about the clinical problem that, if understood, could be used to improve health care delivery or patient outcomes? This gap in knowledge is the research problem.
· How did the author establish the significance of the study? In other words, why should the reader care about this study? Look for statements about human suffering, costs of treatment, or the number of people affected by the clinical problem.
· Identify the purpose of the study. An author may clearly state the purpose of the study or may describe the purpose as the study goals, objectives, or aims.
· List research questions that the study was designed to answer. If the author does not explicitly provide the questions, attempt to infer the questions from the answers.
· Were the purpose and research questions related to the problem?
Method of Study:
· Were qualitative methods appropriate to answer the research questions?
· Did the author identify a specific perspective from which the study was developed? If so, what was it?
· Did the author cite quantitative and qualitative studies relevant to the focus of the study? What other types of literature did the author include?
· Are the references current? For qualitative studies, the author may have included studies older than the 5-year limit typically used for quantitative studies. Findings of older qualitative studies may be relevant to a qualitative study.
· Did the author evaluate or indicate the weaknesses of the available studies?
· Did the literature review include adequate information to build a logical argument?
· When a researcher uses the grounded theory method of qualitative inquiry, the researcher may develop a framework or diagram as part of the findings of the study. Was a framework developed from the study findings?
Results of Study
· What were the study findings?
· What are the implications to nursing?
· Explain how the findings contribute to nursing knowledge/science. Would this impact practice, education, administration, or all areas of nursing?
· Was the study approved by an Institutional Review Board?
· Was patient privacy protected?
· Were there ethical considerations regarding the treatment or lack of?
· Emphasize the importance and congruity of the thesis statement.
· Provide a logical wrap-up to bring the appraisal to completion and to leave a lasting impression and take-away points useful in nursing practice.
· Incorporate a critical appraisal and a brief analysis of the utility and applicability of the findings to nursing practice.
· Integrate a summary of the knowledge learned.
PLEASE FOLLOW EACH BULLET POINT OF THESE GUIDLINES TO COMPLETE THE ASSIGNMENT.