[Solved by Nursing Experts] Management Brief Template Download
Recruitment and retention laws can vary between levels of government. For example, some localities require higher minimum wages than the federal standard because of local livable wage ordinances (local laws). In week two, you learned about a number of legal issues that impact recruitment and retention. In this assignment, you’ll identify, research, and discuss general federal and local laws affecting recruitment and retention.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Imagine yourself as the human resources manager for a local and well-established construction company. Management executives have asked you to redesign the company’s recruiting and retention practices. Your focus will be on updating or creating new policies compliant with local, state, and federal laws governing recruiting and retention.
Your first task is to write a brief for management that describes the scope of existing local, state, and federal laws the company must comply with, including any legal requirements specific to the construction field.
- Analyze local, state, and federal recruiting and retention laws and practices the company must comply with.
- Include at least two researched examples of local laws in your area that may impose additional legal requirements on recruitment and retention. These laws are in addition to state and federal legislation.
- Explain what compensation, benefits, and incentives the company may offer candidates, citing applicable local, state, and federal law.
- Explain what information the company may and may not solicit from candidates during the recruitment process, citing applicable local, state, and federal law.
- Explain the legal requirements governing employee retention policies, citing applicable local, state, and federal law.
- For example, equity in determining promotions and salary.
- Use sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
You’re encouraged to refer to the following resources as you prepare your management brief:
- U.S. Department of Labor websites:
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The library is your home for SWS assistance, including citations and formatting. Please refer to the Library site for all support. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Analyze the applicable local, state, and federal laws that govern recruitment and retention practices.
This assignment will be completed in four pages.