[Solved by Nursing Experts] Outside Academic Sources First
Students will create a genogram of their own family as a means of understanding the way family systems theory, intergenerational patterns, cultural factors, and story influence family dynamics and functioning. The assignment is a two-part assignment that includes a family genogram that covers at least three generations as well as a summary and reflection.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Interview relatives or individuals who can better help you understand your family history going back at least 3 generations from your own generation. Learn about the family members in each of these generations as well as information about their health, employment, marriages/divorces, religious orientation, military services etc.
- After you’ve completed the interviews, create the genogram. Your genogram should use symbols to show patterns in at least 3 areas (education, religion, health issues, employment, military status etc.) Your genogram should also use symbols to show the strength of relationships (ie. conflicts, close relationships, distant relationships, cut off relationships etc.)
- When your genogram is completed, you will write a 2 to 3 page reflection paper. You should reflect on each of the 3 areas/patterns you tracked and write a description of what you learned. You should also describe the way this genogram would be useful (or not) if it were to be a part of family therapy with support from the readings in this module or from outside academic resources.
- Submit one document in APA style that includes the following: title page, two to three page summary and reflection, appendix that includes the genogram image and a one-paragraph written interpretation, and a references page.
- Use at least 2 references; you can use references from this module or from outside academic sources
- First person language in your reflection is okay.
- Remember to use the “personal communication” in-text citation if you describe your interviews in your paper
- You can use a computer program to create the genogram or you can create it by hand; you will insert the image of the genogram as an appendix in your paper
- Your genogram should include a “key” that explains your symbols