[Solved by Nursing Experts] Rethinking Research Data Ted
P-hacking is a new way people can manipulate data to show correlations between variables—variables that actually have no correlation whatsoever.
- Watch the P-Hacking: Crash Course Statistics #30 video for a more thorough understanding.
- Then, look at Spurious Correlations: Graphs Show Correlation Between Completely Unrelated Stats, or read 10 Crazy Correlations Between Unrelated Things, which show p-hacking in action.
- Additionally, watch this Rethinking Research Data TED Talk video. If you are interested in politics and want to try p-hacking for yourself, use the Hack Your Way to Scientific Glory website to find trends between the two major political parties in the United States.
P-hacking is a way to tell the truth in a mathematical sense by finding correlations. In your initial discussion post, answer the following question:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Do you think p-hacking is ethical?
- How can the media and/or society respond to this issue in an informed way?
- How might it impact our daily lives?
- How should this new information impact you as a researcher (in your line of work or in your degree)?