There is no limit on the number of slides but, as a rule, anticipate around 15 to 17.
- Be sure you have a title page on the presentation including your name and the title of the project
- Describe the population group then their health problem providing data to support
- We are interested in learning the focus of the project—the problem, and the group you determined was at highest risk for developing that problem. For example: The overall rate of chlamydia in my community is XX%; however, the highest risk group in my community for contracting chlamydia is 15-24-year-old Native American women at XX%. Or the rate of obesity in my state is XX% but the group at highest risk for developing obesity in my state are White men aged 45-59. Their rate of obesity is XX%, which is higher than the other groups.
- Describe the results of your community assessment and how this information impacts the health of the highest risk group.
- You will rely primarily on the results of the windshield survey and the resources you located from the community assessment to determine the impact upon the highest risk group. Perhaps you found that there are no STD clinics in your community or few to no physicians/mid-levels who accept Medicaid and your highest risk population is low income. Let us know strengths and weaknesses and how the population at highest risk is impacted. What gaps are present?
- Identify any interviews or collaborative efforts that you engaged in to bolster your assertions. These should be noted as personal communications in the body of the PPP and not in references.
- Developed possible evidence-based culturally appropriate interventions aimed at primary prevention specific to the community and the population at highest risk.
- This takes some creative thinking. If you are working on lowering the prevalence of heart disease, for example, we don’t need a review of the American Heart Association website information. We all know eating more fruits and vegetables is better than consuming processed foods, and that exercise benefits virtually everyone, so don’t just regurgitate that information. Think of something that is specific to the high-risk population that you have identified. Maybe the parents of boys need more information about the benefits of HPV vaccination since the girls’ parents are already getting the immunization for their daughters. You would educate the boys’ parents differently than the girls’ parents. You will approach young African American men at high risk for stroke due to early onset hypertension differently than you will explain the risks of untreated hypertension to a group of Hispanic or Asian women. Tell us something unique that applies to the problem in your community. If you have one super unique idea, that is good enough. It is not enough to restate one idea from the American Diabetes Association website that we all know by heart.
- Choose a way to measure the success of your intervention. We are looking for how much effect you believe your intervention might have on decreasing prevalence in the rate of disease you identified. Let us know how this new intervention might work and how you might define success. This discussion is based on the notion that all PH offices work on slim budgets and often don’t want to keep funding a program that is ineffective or change in behavior can’t be measured. We understand it often takes years for significant changes in prevalence rates but need to talk about it anyway.
- Presented to a community professional. The name of your mentor should be on this slide.
- Described role as a health care leader in the community. Any time we improve the health of the community membership, it is a good thing. How would you describe your impact on the community as you lead the citizens at high risk for disease or condition to better health? How do you see yourself as a health care leader?
- The references you used in the development of the project belong at the end of the presentation in APA format.
Points from the rubric will be assigned according to how completely all the rubric points are addressed and explained.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now