This week students will be addressing the following essay questions. Ensure all aspects of the questions are addressed. Submission needs to be in APA format. Use a Level 1 heading to separate your sections (Page 62 of the APA Publication Manual).
- Discuss the various ways that ICD-10-CM coding is used throughout the United States. Why is accuracy in coding so important?
- Explain the difference between ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS. When are they used?
- What impact does the ICM-10-CM manual have on healthcare and medicine in today’s world?
- What are the ten steps for accurate ICD-10-CM coding? State and explain each step in paragraph form
- In your own words, what is the difference between V, W, X, or Y code and a Z code?
- Explain when the following would be used and give an example of Hyphen usage, checkmark, placeholders, and punctuation
For the following, provide the ICD-10-CM codes (some might require more than 1 code). There is a free website listed at the end of the Chapter on page 127 that will help you with coding. Here is another website that might help: http://www.icd10data.com/
- Weight loss
- gastroesophageal reflux disease
- acute bronchitis with COPD
- urinary infection due to E. coli
- concussion, loss of consciousness 40 min
- cancer of bladder
- Physical, child for school
- DTP vaccination
- Heel injury (wound) due to broken glass
- This assignment must be in APA format: Times Roman 12 font, double spaced, and include title and reference page.
- Complete answers will essays will require at least 1000 words, approximately 4 pages (250 words = about 1 page). Title and reference pages do not count toward the total word or page count.
- The alignment of ICD codes should be completed after the essay questions and before the reference page.
- The title page and reference page do not count towards the word count.
- Ensure sources are referenced and cited in the paper
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now