The purposes of this assignment are to: (a) identify and articulate leadership styles to support your management of power as the nurse executive at Saint Louis Medical Center (SLMC) (CO 1, 2), (b) compare and contrast organizational structures that may influence the management of power of your role (CO 3), and (c) provide empirical, scholarly evidence to support your assignment in a clear, succinct, and scholarly manner (CO 4).
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
(CO1) Evaluate organizational theories in relation to healthcare administration utilizing critical thinking and collaborative therapeutic intervention strategies of the professional role. (PO 5)
(CO 2) Synthesize management and leadership theories with a caring, holistic, collaborative approach in preparation of nurse administrator roles; utilizing critical thinking, communication skills and therapeutic intervention strategies, of the professional role related to health outcomes. (PO 2, 5)
(CO 3) Compare and contrast the effect of organizational structures, e.g. organizational charts, standards, resources, philosophy, procedures, and culture on work processes and organizational and patient outcomes; utilizing critical thinking, interprofessional collaboration, communication skills and strategies of the professional role. (PO 1, 2)
(CO 4) Apply the use of research in the evaluation of healthcare outcomes; utilizing critical thinking skills, and interprofessional research strategies. (PO 4)anagement of Power Paper
- This paper will be graded on quality of paper information, use of citations, use of standard grammar, sentence structure, and organization based on the required components.
- Create this assignment using Microsoft (MS) Word, which is the required format for all Chamberlain documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in .docx.
- Submit to the appropriate assignment area by 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday of the week due. Any questions about this paper may be discussed in the weekly Q & A discussion topic.
- The length of the paper is to be no greater than three pages, excluding title page and reference page.
- APA format using the sixth edition manual is required in this assignment, including a title page and reference page. Use APA level 1 headings for the organizational structure of this assignment. Remember that the introduction does not carry a heading that labels it as a level heading in APA format. The first part of your paper is assumed to be the introduction. See the APA manual sixth edition for details. Use the suggested format and headings to organize your assignment.
- Include introduction and discuss power (do not label as a heading in APA format)
- Leadership styles
- Organizational structures