Write a 4-5 page analysis paper with two additional templates in which you evaluate team member performance at the practicum site, including your own, against best practices of effective health care teams. Recommend evidence-based strategies to improve your performance and the performance of other team members. Practicum site is a hospital
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Topic for capstone
patients with a serious mental illness (SMI) hospitalized in inpatient psychiatric hospitals are a challenging safety problem. Early identification of aggressive behaviors is vital to helping nursing staff develop proactive interventions that focus on prevention. Structured risk assessments identify the level of risk and allow for early interventions.
Team effectiveness is a phrase we all use, but all define differently. For this assessment, we will define team effectiveness as: “The capacity a group of individuals has to accomplish their own and their shared goals and objectives” (Katzenbach, & Smith, 1993). This definition clearly acknowledges duality. Teams are groups with shared goals. Simultaneously and unavoidably, teams consist of individuals; each individual has goals of his or her own.
Every team member has three responsibilities to ensure the proper balance between shared and individual goals:
- Commit to the team’s shared goals. If you cannot make that commitment, do not be on the team.
- Meet your individual needs. You need to be able to be assertive, state what you need, and find ways to pursue your doctoral project’s goals in accordance with the team’s pursuit of the shared goal.
- Support every other team member. This means considering and even accommodating others, at times, so that they can accomplish their goals.
Even a strong doctoral project with a precisely delineated project charter can fail if the team implementing the project is poorly functioning. The same holds true for any project, work or otherwise.
To help ensure the completion, quality, and effectiveness of your doctoral project, in this assessment you will write a 4- to 5-page analysis paper—with two templates. In your paper, you will:
- Describe evidence-based practices of effective health care teams.
- Evaluate team member performance at your practicum site, including your own, against these best practices.
- Recommend evidence-based strategies to improve less than optimal team behaviors, including your own.
Remember that you too are a member of this team. Devoting time, energy, and attention to your personal development in this area is a building block for extending your influence. You can only lead or influence others to the extent you can lead yourself.
Katzenbach, J. R., & Smith, D. K. (1993). The wisdom of teams: Creating the high-performance organisation. Boston: Harvard Business School Press.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 3: Apply relationship-building values and principles of team dynamics to plan, deliver and evaluate patient/population-centered care, health programs, and policies that are safe, timely, effective, effective and equitable.
- Describe evidence-based best practices of effective health care teams.
- Analyze team performance at practicum site against best practices of effective health care teams.
- Recommend evidence-based strategies to improve less than optimal team behaviors that could negatively impact project completion, effectiveness, and quality.
- Assess personal performance against best practices of effective health care teams.
- Recommend evidence-based strategies to address less than optimal personal team behaviors that could negatively affect project completion, effectiveness, and quality.
- Competency 4: Address assessment purpose in a well-organized text, incorporating appropriate evidence and tone in grammatically sound sentences.
- Create a clear, well-organized, professional analysis paper that uses appropriate tone and is generally free from errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Integrate relevant sources to support arguments, correctly formatting citations and references using APA style.