- Introduction and identification of the healthcare concern (Also, why you chose this topic.)
- Normal anatomy and physiology of the affected organ(s)
- Pathophysiology/etiology of the disease
- Incidence and prevalence rates (i.e. how many people have the disease)
- Mortality rates – include age-adjusted data if available (i.e. how many people are dying from the disease)
- Risk factors for the disease
- Gold standard(s) for managing this disease across its lifespan (LHIs, or other goals – ex: A1c <7); HP2020 (or other credible sources)
- Primary Interventions (Health Promotion/Disease Prevention)
i. Health Promotion
ii. Disease prevention (as applicable)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
iii. Create a sample health education program – be specific – provide a content outline with goals, objectives and measurable outcomes (use template provided)
- Secondary Interventions (Early diagnosis and prompt treatment to limit disability of the disease)
i. Risk Assessment & Screening (discuss known risk factors and who should be screened and when as a result), risk assessment, screening and invasive testing. Note: be specific…include values and implications – use evidenced based practice.
ii. Diagnosis (i.e. what criteria are used to diagnose this disease?)
iii. Treatment – be specific – how is disease/concern treated? Include diagnostic testing, pharmacotherapeutics, labwork, management protocols, etc.
- Tertiary Interventions (Chronic disease management or “wrap-around care” program)
i. Discharge planning, follow-up, subspecialty referrals, meds, labs…..
ii. Patient education – Detail specifically what the educational needs are…
- Conclusions – including what are the implications if we do not respond to this disease….both for the individual and the healthcare system