As a group, select a practice theory or model using the Week 3: Application to Pragmatic Adequacy Group Discussion—Select a Practice Theory or Model. Then using Fawcett’s framework for theory evaluation (as discussed in Peterson & Bredow, 2016, p. 43), discuss to what extent your selected practice theory or model meets the criterion of pragmatic adequacy (that is, how well the theory or model can be utilized in real-life situations, particularly clinical practice) by addressing the following:
- State the theory or model your group chose and the reason(s) for your choice.
- Describe the practice theory or model and define the main concepts of this theory.
- Evaluate the practice theory or model.
- Describe the special education and/or skill training recommended for nurses so that the theory or model can be used in their clinical practice.
- Is it possible to derive clinical protocols from the theory or model? If yes, briefly explain. If no, explain why not?
- How often has the theory or model been used for nursing research? If it has been used for research, provide a full APA citation for one study example that used this theory or model. If it hasn’t been used, please explain why it hasn’t been used.
- Discuss at least two favorable outcomes that result from using this theory or model as a basis for nursing practice.
- Connect this theory or model to clinical practice.
- View the Healthy People 2020 Topics and Objectives and choose an objective/topic to review.
- Identify the objective/topic.
- Discuss how you would apply your chosen Healthy People 2020 objective to the selected theory or model, focusing on the following two areas:
- Outlining client outcomes
- Designing nursing interventions
- Your paper should be two-to-three (2–3) pages long (not including the references list) and use APA formatting for all components.
The theory I picked is ” Promoting health for families with children with chronic conditions .
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
It is due 12/01/19