Please read the following two scenarios and choose ONLY ONE for your initial post; be sure to address all the questions posed and include at least three scholarly sources within your initial post.
Breast Cancer Screening
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
A 39-year-old female presents to your office for her annual well-woman exam. She reports that she has a maternal aunt and a cousin who have had breast cancer, so she does her self-breast exams every month. She would like to start getting mammograms, but her friends all say she doesn’t need to worry about a mammogram until she’s at least close to 50.
1. What are the mammogram recommendations from American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG), American Cancer Society (ACS), and United States Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF)?
2. What is meant by shared decision-making regarding screening for breast cancer?
3. What are the screening recommendations regarding self-breast exams and clinical breast exams?
4. Based on the scenario provided, what recommendations would you give this patient?
5. What factored into your decision making?
Cervical Cancer Prevention/Screening
An 18-year-old is accompanied by her mother for her first visit to the gynecologist. She has never been sexually active. She has no concerns with her menses. Her mom reports that she brought her in “because she is 18 and when I turned 18, I had to get my first Pap smear.” Her mother requests the patient have a Pap smear and be tested for HPV “just in case.” The patient is up to date on all vaccines “mandatory for school” but has never had the HPV vaccine.
1. What are the recommendations on the HPV vaccine?
2. How would you counsel this patient about the HPV vaccine?
3. What are the current ASCCP guidelines for Pap smears and HPV testing?
4. How will you explain the rationale to the patient and the mother?
– Please include at least 3 scholarly sources within your initial post.
– APA style.
– Turnitin Assignment (No plagiarism)
Note: My background for you to have as a reference: I am currently enrolled in the Psych Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program, I am a Registered Nurse. I work in a Psychiatric Hospital.