Nurse scholars have claimed that nursing is both a discipline and a profession. In order to understand these claims, we must first know what it means for nursing to have a “unique body of knowledge.” If we assume that nursing does, indeed, possess a unique body of knowledge, we can claim that nursing is a “basic science” rather than an “applied science.” Despite these claims, debate continues about nursing as discipline, profession, and science. Is nursing a discipline? A profession? Is nursing a basic science and/or applied science? In your initial post, state what you think about nursing as discipline, profession, and science. Explore the literature beyond that assigned to you for this week’s readings to help you formulate your position. You should include the following:
- What is a discipline? What is a profession? What’s the difference? What are examples of each?
- Does nursing fit the criteria for a “discipline” and “profession”?
- What is a “basic science”? What is an “applied science”? What’s the difference?
- Is nursing a “basic” or “applied” science?
- Support your statements with scholarly references. You may use those from the assigned readings for this module, but you must also select and use (via your literature search) a minimum of one scholarly reference outside of assigned readings in your initial post.
- Present your posts and replies in a professional, scholarly manner. Use the APA publication manual to format citations and references.
- Use 3 scholarly articles within the past 5 years
WE ALL KNOW CLASSWORK IS BORING. THUS, OUR ESSAY HELP SERVICE EXISTS TO HELP STUDENTS WHO ARE OVERWHELMED WITH STUDIES. ORDER YOUR CUSTOM PAPER FOR 15% DISCOUNT. USE CODE SAVE15
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now