***Please answer question 1 thru 9 ***
ALSO SEE ATTACHMENT
Love is a major part of adulthood—loving yourself, loving your friends, loving your significant other(s), and loving your children (if you have any). Psychologists think about romantic love differently than we do attachment. Attachment is a bond that exists between two people that is used for comfort, security, even exploration.
Have you ever wondered what your attachment style is? Visit: http://personality-testing.info/tests/ECR.php Next, click “Start.” Complete the 36-item online survey. Once you have completed it and given the researchers some very basic demographic information, you will get a report about your attachment style. If you are not in a relationship—think about a relationship with a close friend, or sibling.
After you have read chapter 6 in your textbook, conducted some outside academic research, and completed the online survey, answer the following questions:
(1) Did the results of the survey turn out as you expected? Why or why not?
(2) If you took this survey over and completed it while thinking about your relationship with your mother, do you think the results would be similar or different? What does research suggest?
(3) If a person is not satisfied with his/her attachment style, what can be done? What does the research suggest?
Do your career goals end with middle management? Nope. Then what do you need to know to break through the middle and advance to the top. (If some of you said “yes” to that question—like me—don’t feel guilty or think that you are less motivated. I run from chances to lead anyone other than my kids. That’s OK too.)
Many women (and men) get stuck in the middle and have a lot of trouble advancing the career ladder. Here is some great advice about how to develop and market your knowledge, skills, and gifts at work. Visit: https://www.ted.com/talks/susan_colantuono_the_career_advice_you_probably_didn_t_get#t-251740
After you have read chapter 8, conducted some outside academic research, and viewed the video, respond to the following:
(4) Are there personality traits that would make people better adept to meet the three components of career advancement? If so, what are they? Why do you believe that based on what you have read and researched?
(5) Independent of your personality traits, what should folks do as they enter their respective careers?
(6) What should folks do in management to advance into upper management? How can someone go about building those skills?
“What is it that you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” Are you living it out passionately?
As a working mother of two, I can only do those things that really matter. For me, I ask myself if what I am doing has an eternal significance. If the answer is yes, then I need to do it. If the answer is no, then I have to talk “crazy Cindy” out of doing it (she likes to say yes to everything and then be quietly—or not so quietly–pissed at everyone else who could be doing it).
Isabel Allende describes what she has lost and gained with age, as well as how she is training to live passionately. After watching these Ted talks at: https://www.ted.com/talks/isabelle_allende_how_to_live_passionately_no_matter_your_age#t-385832and https://www.ted.com/talks/steve_jobs_how_to_live_before_you_die reading chapters 9 and 12 in your textbook, and doing some outside research, respond to the following:
(7) What are you doing to “train” for a passionately lived life?
(8) What does the research say about how these aspects will affect your developmental outcomes (i.e., stagnation vs. generativity)?
(9) What dots can you look back at and see how those dots have come together to form a plan for your life? What should that mean for how you approach life moving forward? What does research say about concepts like optimism and resilience? How do these dots of life experiences relate to those concepts?
Remember to cite your textbook, as well as outside research you conducted that informed your post in APA format.
Title The Journey of Adulthood
Author B. R. Bjorklund
ISBN 13: 9780205998067
***Please answer question 1 thru 9 ***