For this discussion, you will demonstrate that you know how to analyze a social science research article. This requires that you have a solid understanding of research methods.
First, find a social science research article on the topic you have selected for Gang culture among disenfranchised youth.The article must describe an actual study and it must have been written within the past 5 years. Do not select a review article or theoretical piece.
Next, answer the following questions. If you don’t know the answer, take your best guess. Since this is a discussion, you should review the answers of some of your classmates and help them out as needed.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
· What is the research problem being explored in this article?
· Is the literature review current and relevant? How do you know?
· Is the research grounded in theory? If so, what theory?
· Does the article explain why this research is important? How?
· Is the study qualitative or quantitative in nature? How do you know?
· What sampling technique was used?
· Who are the participants?
· How did the researcher address the ethical treatment of human participants and their data?
· What measures and methods were used? Are they appropriate for the research question being asked?
· What were the procedures used to collect data?
· How was data analysis addressed?
· What were the primary findings (results)?
· What were the major conclusions?
· What were identified weaknesses or limitations of the research?
Finally, post a .pdf or permalink (PURL) of your article so that others can view the actual source.
(Text resource) Social Science Research: Principles, Methods, and Practices
This textbook by Bhattacherjee (2012) is a good resource for answering any questions you may have about research methods in the social sciences.