[Solved by Nursing Experts] Create Works Cited Page
Purpose The purpose of work 2 is to construct a Rogerian Argument. Students will use research skills and rhetorical analysis to investigate conflicting viewpoints on an issue with state or national impact. By addressing conflicting viewpoints fairly, accurately, and empathetically, the result of a Rogerian argument is a compromise based solution that reduces the conflict and resolves at least part of the issue. Rogerian argument skills can be used in academic writing, interpersonal communications, and professional environments. Requirements The work should include the following: • MLA Format • 3 – 4 pages (double spaced), not including the Works Cited page • In-text citations in the body of the work • Works Cited page with your credible sources • Minimum of 4 sources Tasks To complete this assignment, you should:
• Utilize Invention Techniques: Before writing the work, begin identifying your issue through a series of invention techniques, including but not limited to the following: brainstorming, listing, clustering, questioning, and conducting preliminary research. • Plan and organize your work: After the invention process, it is important to begin planning the organizational pattern for the work Planning includes gathering and evaluating sources, identifying your thesis, establishing main ideas (or topic sentences) for each paragraph, supporting each paragraph with appropriate evidence, and creating ideas for the introductory and concluding paragraphs. Follow the Method of Organization provided above. • Draft and revise your work: Once you have completed the planning process, write a rough draft of your work Next, take steps necessary to improve, polish, and revise your draft before turning it in for a final grade. The revision process includes developing ideas, ensuring the thesis statement Grades for this work 25% Of the overall grade for the course AEH Division 2 connects to the main ideas of each paragraph, taking account of your evidence and supporting details, checking for proper use of MLA citation style, reviewing source integration, avoiding plagiarism, and proofreading for formatting and grammatical errors. • Submit a polished, academic-level work. • Grades for this work 250 points; 25% of the overall grade for the course Method of Organization for the Assignment • An introduction paragraph that provides history and context for the issue and provides an overview of the controversy surrounding it. • A body paragraph that accurately and objectively explains the viewpoint of SideA. • A body paragraph that empathetically validates strong aspects of the viewpoint of SideA. • A body paragraph that accurately and objectively explains the viewpoint of SideB. • A body paragraph that fairly explains the validity and preferability of Side B. • One or more body paragraphs to achieve the following: concede the imperfection of Side B; identify aspect(s) of Side B that benefit both sides; propose a productive and feasible compromise based on common goals or values. • A conclusion paragraph that concisely reviews the strongest points of both sides, identifies common goals and/or values and reminds both sides that the proposed compromise satisfies at least part of the common goal. Writing Prompt & Rhetorical Situation Use the same topic you wrote about for your Classical Argument work With an objective mindset, your assignment is to consider the goals and values of at least two viewpoints on the topic by conducting further research. Your research should focus on the state- or national-level impact of the issue. This activity will help you develop a holistic understanding of the issue and the source of the conflict between viewpoints. Your goal in the work is to objectively describe multiple viewpoints on the topic, then to present a feasible solution or compromise that helps to reduce the conflict and moves towards a resolution of the issue. Be sure to follow the Method of Organization shown above. Criteria for Success A summary of the grading criteria for this assignment are as follows. For detailed criteria, see the assignment rubric. Category Description Points Mechanics Students will communicate using academic language and conventions of Standard American English. 30 Formatting Students will format a work utilizing MLA style formatting. 20 Works Cited Students will create works cited page utilizing MLA style guidelines. 20 In-text Citations Students will utilize MLA style citations and format. 20 Critical Thinking Students will demonstrate the ability to think critically: to analyze, critique, and draw reasoned conclusions. 40 Integrate Evidence Students will gather and integrate credible evidence from a variety of sources. 35 Organization Students will present information in a unified and coherent manner. 45 Content and Analysis Students will write a work that responds to all parts of the prompt. 40.
use the instruction above and answer the question below in MLA format 3 to 4 pages excluding the work cited page my topic for the classical argumentive work is Should abortion be banned?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
For this activity, you will gather research sources for the Rogerian Argument work and modify the annotated bibliography you created for Unit 1. Use the OCCC library and choose reliable, academic sources. For research help, start with the OCCC library videos located on the Great Resources page. Your instructor and the OCCC librarians can help you as well.
For the Rogerian Argument work and this bibliography assignment, use the same topic you used for your Classical Argument work; however, expand the focus of your research in two ways:
- to discover and communicate the broader context of your issue; for example, its state or national impact;
- to educate yourself about alternate/opposite perspectives on the issue.
You may continue to use any sources from your existing Annotated Bibliography that is still useful to you; however, you must end up with a minimum of four reliable sources that provide college-level and/or academic information for you to use in this work
Add the newly found sources to your Annotated Bibliography. Keep all of the sources in alphabetical order. Identify the new sources using a new color of the text.
- The topic used for your Classical Argument work is the same topic you will use for the Rogerian Argument work Once you are familiar with the goal of a Rogerian Argument and the Rogerian Argument outline, you will need to do additional research to prepare to write this work, starting with modifying your annotated bibliography.
- Re-examine your existing annotated bibliography and decide where you need to do more research to fill in the gaps in your knowledge of the issue on the state/national level and to have a balance of evidence supporting both sides of the issue as well as your proposed compromise.
- Use the OCCC library databases to gather as many additional sources as you will need, keeping in mind that this work requires a minimum of 4 sources and that you can continue to use any of your existing sources that remain useful for this work Within the library’s website, the “Gale: Opposing Viewpoints” database is a good place to start for Rogerian argument research materials. Note that its purpose is to provide multiple viewpoints on each topic, which is the goal of your research.
- Add your new sources to the bibliography, completing the citations and annotations in the same way you did when you first compiled your bibliography in Unit 1.